Technical, dynamic and permanent process agreed upon among various entities that are part of the National Statistical System. The objective is to define, organize and prioritize statistics needed for decision-making in the country.
Statistical planning provides methodologies and instruments for the formulation of statistical plans in the following areas: national, sectoral, territorial and institutional.
- Enables the entities that are member of the NSS to know, diagnose and organize their statistical activity.
- Helps to identify and prioritize statistical information required for the formulation and design of policies, plans and projects.
- Determines the need for statistical information and develops a plan to deal with the limitations in information
- Supports efficient use of financial, technological and human resources directed towards statistical activity.
- Eases decision-making, monitoring, follow-up and assessment of policies, plans and programs for a country’s development.
- Enhances coordination between public and private institutions. Statistical planning strengthens their communication and coordination in the production and management of statistical information.